Sunday 9 January 2011

Dream On Mofo Hari

Whats In A Dream...

A good friend of mine once told me there should be certain dreams you just cherish but let em be what they are, somethin you dont necessarily need to drive yourself into the ground to pursue..Here is my dream..

In the past 6 years, and even moreso in the past couple of years i have met, performed with, interviewed, talked to, networked with so many new and veteran artists..Its the ones who have been expressive, excited, energized with the love of their art that i'm focused on..THATS the stuff that literally give me goosebumps, makes me wanna run across George Washington Bridge barefoot screaming yeaaaaaaaaaa pumpin my fist in the air in a very unladylike manner..fuck it..i LOVE it..it drives me on and reminds me i'm not alone in the feelings i have for my own path.

When that energy gets together in performance or creative mode its crazy magic..can't even compare that with sex, drugs etc etc..its just plain beautiful and if you are a creative person you will know exactly what i mean..

Ok so whats the dream? To get EVERY ONE one of those people who have showed me 'that energy' together for one MAD event..A lot of people will know I've already talked about an event bringing together a lot of the veterans in the biz and thats gonna happen when the time is right..but this particular dream is about the ones that have touched me, Donna Hunt aka Mofo Hari right to the core of my artistic lil heart and made me proud to be right where i am, right here, right now. I want to see everybody vibing off of everybody, sharing thoughts, ideas..REAL enthusiasm for this art of ours and all pulling in the same direction..

And here's the sad thing..so many of the artists that shared a moment with me or my team have gone MIA after spraying fireworks, showering us with their essence, sharing the deepest part of their mind and experiences..and that won't be forgotten..but..u know..why break the chain?? A little continuity, keeping it flowing, Isn't that how its spose to be if we all feel the same way, want the same thing?

So..reality tells me that ultimately folks wouldn't be able to put away the 'its all about me'  or the hunger for that contract or the drive for the golden apple long enough to just show love and support for the MUSIC..and to revive the heart and soul of HIP HOP..could they?  *blinks and pauses... hmmmmm..

Like I said..Dream On Mofo Hari...

No comments:

Post a Comment